Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

Dodge didn't make the Sprinter.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 PM
gzilla46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge didn't make the Sprinter.

I don't know if you guys know this, but I found out that Dodge didn't make the Sprinter. Mercedes made the Sprinter.

I think Dodge stole the name.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Very common knowledge. Remember the "Merger of Equals" (i.e. the raping and pillaging of Chrysler by Mercedes)?

They rebadged it and sold it at Dodge dealerships...no sense in having those boxes at an "upscale" Mercedes establishment...

Last edited by scatpack_69; 06-30-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 AM
gzilla46

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
Very common knowledge. Remember the "Merger of Equals" (i.e. the raping and pillaging of Chrysler by Mercedes)?

They rebadged it and sold it at Dodge dealerships...no sense in having those boxes at an "upscale" Mercedes establishment...
Hmmm. I never knew that. Thanks for informing me.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:23 AM
ALASKAPF-185

Its too bad that everyone that purchased theirs from Dodge is screwed. Trying to get warranty work done is near impossible, if you can find a competent tech. When you take it to a Mercedes dealer they don't call it warranty, they call it an honor service, and it too is very hard to get them to push the paper work thru. It seems someone is not paying there bills or honoring their products warranty. And the end user/owners get the shaft. With the all too common EGR, glow plugs, turbo solenoids, rear pinion seals, EGR coolers being plugged, wrong oil being used and plugging DPF's, there is alot going wrong with no support. Frieghtliner used to be able to do it, and they were much better than the rest, MB and Dodge nixed that quick in 2009-2010. Since they had been dealing with sprinters for 10 years, just 6-7 years before dodge sold their first one. Good Luck getting your turbo replaced only because the actuator goes bad, not the actual turbo, and no one can rebuild and time it correctly. Thus a $4000 dollar repair bill for a simple component.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Nelson Sprinter
Default Dodge didn't make Sprinter

While it's true Dodge didn't make Sprinters, they did not steal the name.
From 2003-2007 Daimler owned Chrysler, Mercedes and Freightliner, and Daimler Vans built all Sprinters. Dodge sold Sprinters from 2003-2007 because that's what the owner of Dodge wanted. When Daimler sold Chrysler, Daimler no longer wanted someone else to sell their vans. Freightliner and Mercedes now sell all Sprinters. Since Fiat now owns Chrysler, Dodge sells the Fiat Ducato van renamed RamMaster because that's what Fiat wants.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge didn't make the Sprinter.