Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1991 Stealth ES - Sell or Fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 PM
jbauder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Stealth ES - Sell or Fix

Being non-mechanically inclined I have hit the wall on a 91 Stealth. Bought it years back for $6,500 and it was in sweet shape. Kid started driving it and I had to put a rebuilt engine in for $3000+, and trans work for $1,500+, I put nice set of wheels and tires on it for another $1500. My kid hit a curb and wiped out 2 wheels and tires and did some minor body damage which was fixed perectly, I still had original wheels which were put back on.

Last straw came when he was washing / detailing the car in the garage it wouldn't start. It turns over fine but doesn't seem to be getting spark. I had a bother-in-law look at it and made some calls and was told it was probably the ECU, I sent that out to be redone but it still wouldn't start. All of a sudden my good deal at $6,500 was over $14,000 and I literally hit the wall and it's been in my garage for 3 years.

The body / paint is a deep burgundy and looks perfect, the interrior is the dark charcoal and also looks really good. The engine and trans were running perfectly until the "no spark" problem. Interested in people's thoughts / guesses on what it's worth as is, and whether I should be taking it in somewhere to fix and what's a guess to cost to fix.

Thanks for any help, if anyone is in Chicago area and has an interest (buy, fix, partner etc) let me know

Jay

Old 04-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran
Default RE: 1991 Stealth ES - Sell or Fix

i'm not in your area, but i'd like to purchase the motor. shipping wouldn't be a problem. i'd check your ignition piece by piece too if you still want to fix it. otherwise pm me and we'll talk $

Old 04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
thestealth
Champion

No spark can be a few things. PTU, Crank Angle Sensor, Coils.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Carcharodont
Rookie

Is the interior a charcoal leather? Also mind posting pics of the front and rear of the car?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
JSouthTwinTurbo

Take it to a shop and hook it up to a scan tool. My RT TT is broke down and being fix as i type and it is the camshaft sensor. 60 bucks for the part but the labor is killing me. but try the scan!!!

Quick Reply: 1991 Stealth ES - Sell or Fix