Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Itchey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration

Hey I drive a 91' dodge stealth and when I first start driving in 1st gear, I push down on the gas but it seems to hesitate for a couple of seconds and then seems to pick up quicker than normal. This only happens when the car has been sitting for awhile.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Acceleration

Awhile? As in a couple hours, a couple days, a week? How old are the plugs? Does it start up fine? Did this just start happening?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 AM
91Stealth
Rookie
Default RE: Acceleration

I really don't wanna be mean jumping into someone elses question (sorry if it offends) but my car does the same thing... but its after it sits for about a week without driving... it turns over fine then runs a little then quits but the second time it will start right up? could it be plugs or something like that... Also my coil packs had rust in them where the wires plug into them.... i cleaned them out but i was wondering if i should just replace the coil pack wire and plugs just for piece of mind.. would you recommend it?

Quick Reply: Acceleration