Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Dcterluv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Transmission problems

Hey, I just bought a new dodge stealth a couple months ago. There are a few things I ahve no clue what is wrong with the car and transmission places say it could take them three hours to find out costing me 300 bucks. My car is an automatic. Heres what happens: When I put the car into reverse it sometimeslurches/jolts/clunks also the O.D. does not work. Also sometimes when im driving i feel like the car is lurching when it is in gear. Please help me if you might know what is wrong!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Transmission problems

sounds like it needs a rebuild. i would blame the tcu but sounds like more of a mechanical problem

Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
thestealth
Champion

The overdrive problem is the end clutches. You can buy upgraded end clutches from IPT transmissions for about $100. I'm under the impression they can be changed without dropping the tranny.

The other problems very well could be mechanical, although I wouldn't rule out a TCU issue. Does your car have ECS? Is the tour/sport light flashing? How long since the last tranny flush/service?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
daisy92

same problem with my r/t. its your tcu. i bought mine at autocomputerexchange.com. overnight shipping. $325 shipped. $50 core.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
workinprogress

they are all right....... goin throught that now..... bad tcu..... but after fixin that the damage is already done and if you get overdrive back it wont be for long........ personally i have fond a solution..... 5 spd donnor car.... swappin peddalls, shifter, trany, master cylinder and all........ cant find a good 5 spd car around here so i`m buildin one

Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
grump17

Yupper i just went thru this .... It was the tcu ...cost me 300. For a rebuilt one off of ebay ... Dealer wanted 1200 - 1500.......good luck.

Also does anyone know how hard it is to replace the end clutches for the o.d...? Thanks.

Quick Reply: 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Transmission problems