Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Wiper Fluid Fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
shlby123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Fluid Fix

So my windshield wiper fluid light kicks on, and I check both of the reservoirs on my '92 ES Stealth and both of them were nearly full? What gives? What's my next plan of attack to fix this light? A quick step by step or anything?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: Wiper Fluid Fix

the snesor or the connector tothe sensor is bad. The sensor whould be on the bottom of the reservoir. I think you just replace it.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM
thestealth
Champion

You mean the light came on and won't go off? I've had that happen a time or two. Try unhooking the negative(-) battery terminal for a few minutes. That is what cured mine. If it doesn't turn off, your sensor could be bad.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
shlby123

Yep! That's exactly what is happening. I'll try to unhook the negative and pray that fixes it! If not, is it possible to pick up the sensor cheap at like an auto parts store or something?

ORIGINAL: thestealth

You mean the light came on and won't go off? I've had that happen a time or two. Try unhooking the negative(-) battery terminal for a few minutes. That is what cured mine. If it doesn't turn off, your sensor could be bad.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
thestealth
Champion

Don't know if you could find one at a parts store...a sensor like that could be a dealer only item. See if the guy in the "parting out" thread has one he'd sell you...

Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM
jookie7705
Rookie

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I ended up finding one on eBay for around $37, sensor and resevoir. I swapped it out and the light went off. You need to remove the battery tray (held down with two bolts) and attach the new one (held to the tray with two bolts). Took about 5 minutes.

Quick Reply: Wiper Fluid Fix