Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1993 stealth es won't run

Old 11-16-2007, 09:01 AM
grafiknbutterfly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 stealth es won't run

OK ok, so I went the cheap route. I blew up my 94 Trans am, so I bought a stealth at an auction. The car was running during the bidding, and as they pulled away it died. They said it was out of gas. That was Saturday. Went up monday (with a gas can) to pipck it up and jump it. On the way to the gas station it needed jumped 4 more times. So when i finally got it home, i bought a new battery also. Well the darn thing won't run. It will turn over, then die. Has spark, but won't run. Not even with starting fluid...any ideas?

Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 AM
ATLstealth
Default RE: 1993 stealth es won't run

ORIGINAL:any ideas?
You got screwed! Haha

Old 11-17-2007, 12:25 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

Nice maturity there *******... If you bought the car from the auction and it broke when you first got it, I would get your money back. If they say no I would seriously see about a lawyer or whatever you can get. That's beyond ****ed up and any decent auction wouldn't do that. For one if it was gas a auction wouldn't have a car with it being on empty. And normally they would probably inspect the car to make sure it's running fine.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

^^^+1
i agree, but as far as the problem, can you hear the fuel pump runing? And will it start up and then die or just keep turning over, try to start but never does start?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

If he does start but keep on dying I would check your idle. Mine had of problem of running then dying because my idle would drop to love, turned out to be the IAC. But like yevgenievich ask does it try to start and cant? Or does it start and die later on. Had to keep getting it jumped but finally cleaning out my IAC fixed it. Try doing what this says and see if it fixes anything if it turns out to being your idle. http://www.stealth316.com/2-isc-iac.htm If not I would go about asking TheStealth, he should be able to help you.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: ATLstealth
You got screwed! Haha
How did I miss this...

If you don't have anything of value to add to the conversation...don't. This is your only warning.

To the OP, sorry, I don't have any advice for your dilemma. Generally, when buying cars at auction, it is "as is, where is," so good luck getting anything resolved through the auction.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

ORIGINAL: thestealth

ORIGINAL: ATLstealth
You got screwed! Haha
How did I miss this...

If you don't have anything of value to add to the conversation...don't. This is your only warning.

To the OP, sorry, I don't have any advice for your dilemma. Generally, when buying cars at auction, it is "as is, where is," so good luck getting anything resolved through the auction.
Hes probably going to be right. I mean if they sold you a car that one they said was out of gas, but later you found out to actually be broken, I doubt they are going to care enough to come to any type of terms on getting your money back or anything. But yeah good luck on it, keep us updated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1993 stealth es won't run