Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

FACTORY ALARM ON MY 92 RT TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
lstshp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FACTORY ALARM ON MY 92 RT TT

I OWN A 92 RT TT. THE FACTORY ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF FOR FIVE MINUTES AFTER I MANUALLY OPEN THE DOOR...I HAVE TURNED THE KEY TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT...NOTHING CHANGES...I HAVE MOVED THE CAR NOTHING CHANGES...IT WENT OFF LAST NIGHT AND THEN I WAS DRIVING WITH IT GOING AND EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME...I THEN OPENED THE DOOR AND THE ALARM WENT OFF AGAIN...

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS...

ROB
ONTARIO,CANADA

Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: FACTORY ALARM ON MY 92 RT TT

Supposedly, you can turn either door lock to the right or open the hatch with the key and it's supposed to shut the alarm off. Chances are there is a short somewhere in the system, probably one of the door locks.

That's about all I know, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Here is a how-to for disconnecting the factory alarm if you want to go that route.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
lstshp

I took out the fuse, opened the door five times and thought I had it fixed...Sixth time horn went off for three minutes...

HELP..........

Rob
Ontario,Canada

Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
thestealth
Champion

Removing the fuse won't disable the alarm...if it did, crooks would simply take out the fuse and drive off with the car.

You've got a short somewhere in the system. You either need to track it down, or disable the system altogether via the instructions in the link I posted.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Street_Challenged73

As already mentioned, some of your wiring is probably exposed and coming in contact with another one or possibly even grounding out. I'd check the connection on both doors near the hinges and probably drop the inner splash shield plastic to see if there are any bare wires in that area. Those are the two most common spots where the wires get pinched/cut and cause issues. Good luck!

Quick Reply: FACTORY ALARM ON MY 92 RT TT