Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

HELP!!! Common Cold Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:01 AM
alexman827
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Common Cold Start Problem

Ok, here's the situation....
I bought my 91' ES from a dealership "As Is" (means wont pass inspection even though sold at a dealership) for $2200 w/100,000 mil. & cold start problem. ANYWAYS... When I havnt started my car up in a couple of hours it takes along time to start the engine up, but when the engine is nice and warm it starts just fine. When its cold the "cold start" problem is even worse. I have to attempt to start it up over and over again and eventually it will start up like before, but in the cold it will kill my battery and I have to jump start it to complete the warm up of the engine. If I spray high combustion fluid in my air intake it takes no time to start up, but thats not normal. [:@] ALSO.... this seems like a VERY COMMON PROBLEM that i have noticed since the beginning of my research with Stealths/3000gts and Dodge Avengers (the same exact problem w/ the cold start). Ive already put about 3k in this car to pass inspection and bring it up to good condition except for this main problem. Ive brought my car into Dealerships, small repair shops and waisted much money this way. All of them dont konw the answer..... my next option is to replace the Air Mass Meter which will run me $800 big ones. Or the Idle Air Controller. Im not sure what to do, and im only 17 this is a HUGE financial burden. Ive replaced the battery and many sensors and the entire ECU... The car has been rewired and all the mechanical parts have been check out OK by many dealerships. (includes alternator, ect...)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Common Cold Start Problem