Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

blown head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:09 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown head gasket

Well, i was driving from work today and when stopped at the apartment there was a white clooud folowing behind. I shut her down and after little inspection i got a blown head gasket on the 1,3,5 cylinders. Motor has almost 200k miles on it but because of financial reasons i'm going to try getting away just replacing the head gasket. This came up pretty much at the worst time possible as i just pulled the motor out of my Camaro last weekend to get rebuilt. I wanted to drop a sbc in the stealth but fiancially it would cost more than stock replacement option. I will be posting some progress pics later.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:51 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

well, got some stuff out of the way. Everything have been disconnected or removed except the timing belt. It should be the last thing stopping me from taking the heads off.
Name:  PHOT0103.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  99.4 KB

Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

finally got the front head off. got a gazillion more bolts holding the second one
Name:  PHOT0101-1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  61.5 KB

Quick Reply: blown head gasket