Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Stealth Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
JFrezados
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Fuel Pump?

1992 ES Needs fuel pump -- $500 fix at a shop -- I don't have it.
So I'd like to do this myself -- with help if i can get it.
But here's the big problem:
I got the instructions from the other site on how to replace the fuel pump but the cover that has electrical connection is all rusted over along with the fuel line---Just looking at it I can tell if i try to take it apart to get to the fuel pump I'm going to snap the line...any ideas?
P.S. It's cold as hell here -- South Side Chicago

Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd start by soaking things in penetrating oil and clean the rust up with some steel wool

Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lost and lots of PB Blaster

First disconnect the the fuel line under the car in front of the gas tank. The connection at the top does not have a swivel and that flex line will have to be disconnected at the other end to let it spin. Some people have been able to remove the assembly without pulling the flex line from the assembly I could not get it free.

Second brace the hard line coming out of the fuel pump assembly. IF you do not you risk bending or breaking that line.

You can see from my pic that someone did it once with out a brace and rolled it just a bit.

In the pic the nose of the vice grips are in contact with the top of the housing.This braces the vice so it can't go down and the 2x4 keeps it from going to the right.

Last edited by alan92rttt; 04-16-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Stealth Fuel Pump?