Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Looking at a stealth

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
vipercole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a stealth

I'm sure these questions have been asked time and time again, but I could not seem to locate the answers via the search function.

I'm looking at a 1G stealth, it has really high km's on 330000km and i'm going to be giving it a very tough go over to make sure i'm not gonna get screwed when purchasing it.

I'm going to be checking all the fluids and electrical connections and I want to do a compression test on the engine to make sure its in good shape, however was not able to find the specs for the compression.

Also the car has not been started in about 6 months and has been outside in the wonderful canadian winters seeing that what is the average going rate on stealths in canada, or northern US i've checked KBB but that is based of an preset and just wanted to see what others are trying to sell them at, and what others are paying for them.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

what motor is in that stealth? different motors got different compression. SOHC 8.9:1
DOHC 10:1
Turbo DOHC 8:1
using compression tester SOHC should be around 150 range, DOHC 170 and DOHC turbo around 130
Make sure all the cylinders are similar, +-5

Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
vipercole

figures I would forget something, it is the DOHC non turbo, so 170 sweet, I've got a few other tools that I will be bringing with me a coolant system tester, and an AVR so hopfully it will be in good shape

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 AM
SPARTANENGINEER1701
Professional
Default 3.0liter dohc tt and non turbine

just had mine delievered,1992 stealth es

5 speed 3.0 dohc 222hp bro,anti locks all options except auto ,thank god.

look at rear suspention and make sure all the eletronics work.very very important.

wing a plus leather seats BIG plus,srs system must be functional,now for the sticky part.

I bought mine because no rust what so ever
great ,bad part,,,, DOHC 3.0 222HP HAS A KNOCK THAT IS VERY BAD .this is a common problem
very expensive to rebuild , but a SOHC BLOCK
3.0LITER CAN BE USED .the motor is unlike any thing ive ever seen .very advanced for its time.
thus very expensive sensors and parts .
NOW for the good news,engine wise SOHC 3.0
CAN AND WILL WORK IN A DOHC REPLACEMENT
WITH THE ECU////.

RT/T ENGINES 300+HP DUAL TURBINE DUAL INTERCOOLERS ,SHIFTING PLENUM FROM WARM AIR TO COLD COMP 8.5 TO 1

3.0 DOHC 10TO 1COMP 222HP

THIS ENGINE MUST MUST HAVE OIL CHANGED
AT 3000MI

AM I GOING TO REBUILD MINE ,

NO I HAVE A SUPER STOCK 446 10.5 TO 1 SLUGS
BUILT BALANCED ,NOW I HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT.
BUT MAN DOES THAT MITSUBISHI LOOK GOOD

GOOD LUCK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at a stealth