Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Max tire size for 15" wheels?? help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
idahoprime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max tire size for 15" wheels?? help plz

Hey gang, the front end of my '95 Stealth is all jacked up so i need to get a good alignment, killed my tires so i'm just gonna get 4 new ones. Its a base model with the stock 15" wheels on it.

I know stock tires are 205/65R15's, but they look sooo small on the car. I dont have money to buy bigger rims, so i was wondering whats the biggest tire i could put on the stock rims that would stay on the rims and be OK with clearance etc... 215? 225? 245 even? and should i stay with 65?

also, if im going bigger, how much will it mess with my speedo...
thanks for any help..

Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

205 is the width. I do not think its a good idea to go wider. I don't think that what you wanted based on your comment about the speedometer.

65 is the sidewall height. I think this is what you wanted to change and I can't fine a tire with a larger side wall on a 15 inch rim.

I did some looking on tirerack.com and with a 15inch wheel I can't see any other options.

Based on the average 3S owners comments on the car lowering the car might fix the issue. The common complaint is the wheel gap above the tire.

Quick Reply: Max tire size for 15" wheels?? help plz