Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

White Smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
kymkamikaze88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Smoke?

I have a 1994 sohc that really hasn't given me much trouble. Well yesterday I was driving out of work, and after running the car for about 10-15 minutes, the was A TON of white smoke. I've compressor tested my cooling system, and its not my head gasket either. I'm not sure what else it could possibly be, maybe my modulator valve?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 PM
silva1979

Hi, I have a '95 stealth r/t DOHC. I have the same problem, if i sit idling for a few minutes, a huge cloud of white smoke comes out the exhaust if i gas it or take off. i also have no indication of a head gasket problem, (no bubbles, or water in oil) Car does seem to burn oil a bit (quart a week or two) but i figure that is normal for older cars and it does run really hot. Just wondering if this is a symptom of a larger problem, or just a quirk with stealth's as it was with my cadillac.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

white smoke means there is coolant entering the combustion chamber some way. I had to replace a head gasket and a head on my stealth. Had white smoke and it turned out to be a blown head gasket and a cracked head.

Last edited by yevgenievich; 07-23-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
ReneeMcCune

i have a 1992 stealth twin turbo DOHC 24V. when i accelerate it boggs and the RPMs are at 500. I just replaced the MAF because thats what the dealership said the problem is. Also when I accelerate there is white smoke.....any suggestions?

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
JeffWVR4

Wouldn't hurt to check the PCV valve and hoses. I once had a crimped PCV hose and the engine was blowing out huge clouds of whitish looking smoke. Although it may have been blue, it sure looked white and could easilly be mistaken for coolant. Uncrimped the hose and the smoke cleared. Hope this helps

Quick Reply: White Smoke?