Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Tach/rev prob

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:14 AM
lightwavegd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach/rev prob

ok, heres the deal. I have a 1991 dodge stealth base model. it is completely stock all the way through. well maintained. a new computer was just put into it as well as a distributor. i bought it today. drove it around and had no problems. but tonight i was driving down a hill and all of the sudden my rpm's dropped down to 1500 rpm's and was bouncing between 1500 and 0 rpm when my foot is on the gas. i pulled over and turned car off. i restarted and let it idle. it idles perfect bout 500 rpm, a little more. then when ipress the gas, it bounces between 0 and 1500 rpm. so i turned car off and restarted it, but this time i pressed the gas imediatly and i could redline it. but after 5 seconds of pressing the gas pedal it goes back to bouncing between 0 and 1500 rpm.( and no i did not redline for 5 seconds) also, i do not kno if this is relevant but figure id say it. When i got car, radio fuse was blown, i put 3 dif fuses in and it kept blowing them, i never even got radio to turn on. then after car acted up, i looked at fuses in the car again and i blew the interior dome light fuse and the STOPP fuse, which i assume is my brakes, i repplaced both fuses and they have no blown yet, but car still doing the same thing. any help or ideas be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Tach/rev prob