Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 Dodge Stealth ES won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
heretic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Dodge Stealth ES won't start

i have a 1992 dodge stealth es 3.0 liter non turbo. can drive vehicle for like 20 min then vehicle turns off like you turned the key off. Tested vehicle has no injector pulse width. also has no spark. removed ecu and pulled cover off. noticed a gooey substance on the board. has a fishy smell. i know the computer has an issue. got a new one and car wont start. also tried a crank sensor/cam syncronizer. that didn't help either. also replaced the maf sensor and main start relay. have no idea what it could be. looking for somewhere else to look to fix this car.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
5spdes

does it get fuel pressure? if so then check ur couls cuz if those go bad u wont get a spark. take the wires off the coils n put a flat head screwdriver down in the coil an take the end of the plug wire that goes in the goil an put it close th the scredriver but not on it an see if u get a spark between the to when u try to turn it over. if it sparks they are good if it dont spark then they are bad

Old 02-11-2010, 04:55 AM
91stlthexpmntl

Check your ignition transistor, I had a similar problem with my 91 experimental. My ECU had a bad circuit that burned out the ignition transistor. I replaced the transistor, and the car ran fine for about 4 months, then suddenly it died on the road. After it sat and cooled overnight it would start and run fine until I turned it off somewhere, and then it wouldn't start again or if I drove a long distance it would simply die on the road somewhere again. Once it cooled it would start and run until it warmed up, then it would die again. I had my ECU checked out and the bad circuit repaired, I then replaced the ignition transistor again and haven't had any problems with it since. My car has a different operating system so I'm not sure of the transistor's location, but I think your transistor 'should' be a black box about 5x3x3 inches I believe its on the firewall below the intake manifold.(Again, not sure of this location). This was my problem, I hope it helps!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 AM
91stlthexpmntl

Just thought of something, perhaps you are mistaking your ingition transistor for your ECU. The ECU is located under the dash on top of the center hump. Maybe???

Quick Reply: 92 Dodge Stealth ES won't start