Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stealth
Reload this Page >

1993 stealth cd won't work

Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1993 stealth cd won't work

Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 AM
bill-e-boy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 stealth cd won't work

hello guys,

My dad has a 1993 stealth twin turbo...this was his dream car, he bought brand new. It's been sitting for many years and he has recently brought it out of storage and started driving it again. He has had many repairs done and the only thing left is to figure out why the cd won't work...the stereo works, we just can't figure out the cd. We turn the stereo ob, press the cd button, it sounds like it's trying to do something but w never hear the cd play.

Any suggestions?...maybe we need to take it out and send it somewhere for repair?

He wants to keep his car stock with original equipment so we'd rather fix it than replace it.

thanks for any help.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
bill-e-boy

ok....anybody know where I can buy a factory replacement stereo...other than the dealership?

thanks

Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
thestealth
Champion

Ground Zero Performance in PA has a lot of used parts for these cars, they may have what you are looking for.

http://www.groundzeroperformance.com...taff&Itemid=13

Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
agreyling

I have an extra cd player for you. I rplaced my whole unit because the radio was messing up but the cd player worked just fine. If you still need it make me an offer.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

chances are, you installed the CD's the wrong way. They are installed upside down

Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM
bill-e-boy
Default thanks

girlytt thanks that never occured to me..i'll give it a try next time i'm at my dad's...hopefully that'll be it. I think last time it did actually sound like it was operating, it just would never play.

we'll see...

Old 12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
girlytt thanks that never occured to me..i'll give it a try next time i'm at my dad's...hopefully that'll be it. I think last time it did actually sound like it was operating, it just would never play.

we'll see...
that's exactly what it does when the CD's are installed the "normal" way. I thought I had a bad CD player too the first time I tried using it. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1993 stealth cd won't work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: