Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 stealth r/t problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:23 PM
VickieMB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 stealth r/t problem

Hello,
I have a 92 stealth r/t. A while back the check engine light came on, and the car felt like it was only running on 4 cylinders and sounded like a old VW. The next day it was fine again, till about 3 miles and it started doing it again, it would run fine, then just go bad again. My son noticed that that on the middle coil there was no spark from either two, so we went to Nappa to buy a new coil. the guy there tells us, there are 3 of them & they sell them individually, for $100 each, we say we want to order one, he says first switch two coils and if the one that is not sparking moves to the new location its the coil if not its the modulator. well ended up we got a new modulator for $175. the car ran fine again for about a month, then it started doing the same thing again. (also when this happens, the tach would go crazy right before and once the check engine came on, the tach would be way below the 1) all guages read normal. Just 2 days ago it started doing it, BUT even without the check engine light and the rpm's at normal. same center coil not sparking. Just for fun my son put the old modulator (the square electical thing that sits under the coils?) nothen changed. Should I order the center coil? it does this all the time now, runs on 4 cylinders. is it really bad to drive it a short distance like this? say only 3 miles? yea you guessed it, im a girl. I had the car for sale till this happened and would like to fix it and get rid of it. any help would be much appreicaited, and I cant afford to take it to a mach. as I already put $4K in it last year.[&o]

Old 07-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Stelaro
Default RE: 92 stealth r/t problem

i cant say for sure why you have that problem, but how about if i ask if it only does this under certain conditions like a cold start, or only when its warmed up? my girlfriends stealth has been doing some crazy running from a cold start, then its ok when its warmed up. the way its running seems like ignition problem so it may be similar. if we find something with her car that might her you with yours ill write back.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:11 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 92 stealth r/t problem

You either have an ECU problem or your center coil pack is in the process of going out.

Quick Reply: 92 stealth r/t problem