Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Is this '95 "rare" stealth a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Buyingstealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this '95 "rare" stealth a good deal?

So I'm looking at buying a stealth, and I found this:
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ287849739

Is this worth the price? And iv'e heard these cars aren't very reliable, is this true?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

My 96 Stealth has 280,000 miles on it. So.... they CAN be very reliable, but they can be a nightmare. It depends on the history of the car.

They're exaggerating the rarity of that car for sure, although, I don't know much about the Canadian models, but a yellow 95 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo is very rare here in the US. Yellow was the most popular color in the US in 94 for Stealth Twin Turbos. There are no exact production numbers on 95 Stealth TT's, so, that 1 of 7 is a bunch of BS.

www.stealth316.com if you want to learn more.

They are great cars, I have about 9 of them right now, but, if you are intimidated about getting your hands dirty, then it's probably not a great car for you.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Buyingstealth

Thanks for the info, I'll have to get it checked over well by my mechanic for sure. But my primary question is still whether paying $14000 for that car is just? The car on blue book value is only like 8 grand?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

Are you located in Canada? I don't know if I would say it's worth $14k, but closer to the $10-11k range if it's truly in great condition. That wing is absolutely horrendous, though.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Flyman1981
Amateur

The Stealths are pretty comfortable and easy for long drives. The tires make all the difference for handling. In snow and racing, they will do great with proper rubber.

My 93 was faily reliable when it was stock abd BPU mods. The issue is that people typically beat on these cars so that deosn't help there record either. Keeping up with routine maintenance is key on those cars. the main/rod bearings are narrow for my liking so keep up on oil changes (3k miles). 91-92 had smaller output shafts (trans to transfer case) and were more prone to shearing off. 91-93 had 5 spds with aluminum transfer cases that would crack after numberous launches. 93+ went to a larger output shaft (25 spline), and 94+ went to 6 spd with case iron transfer cases.

The RFL blow off valve is trash... Its works and is better than stock but it is Really ****ing Loud and will tend to leak a little boost over time.

The Stealth was made and sold until 96 in the US. maybe 95 was the last year in Canada...

I dont know what the $ rate is from US-CN but get on www.3si.org for the 3000GT/Stealth community to learn more.

Quick Reply: Is this '95 "rare" stealth a good deal?