Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Dodge Stealh Project transmission Swap possible???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:36 AM
el.eme.g
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Stealh Project transmission Swap possible???

OK, well i'm new to this forum and i'm here to learn a little something about these cars that i have and gain enough knowledge to make a great car even better. i dont have the expert knowledge in auto mechanics but know enough to get by i guess, def. better off than some...i used to have a 2001 dodge ram pickup which i love until i almost lost my life in an accident. Since then a friend of mine bought two dodge stealths 91 Automatic and a 92 Manual transmission he was nice enough to give me the 92 es DOHC, since then i have always loved the way they look and notice the potencial they have. It didn't crank at first but the ECU was taken out of it. I replaced that and found that 3rd and 4th gears would not go in and grind 5th and pop it right bak out...but i have recently bought another 94 SOHC which is a little more beat up than the 92...so off the bat my question is can i swap the transmissions on these two cars, if so what other changes would i have to make to the 92 ES to make this work?? THANK YOU for taking the time to chek my thread out.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the Stealth section,
FF

Old 08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to the site

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

You will need the axles from the 94 in order for that trans to work in your car.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:18 AM
el.eme.g

Thanx for the welcoming messages. sound like a got a real project on my hand if i gotta change the axels too...the 92 i got is just a cleaner car that y i wanted to know if this was possible. Am i going to need extra stuff, i wanna figure out how much its going to set me bak to see if its worth it. the 94 is really a beat up car need body wer and the interior aint to great. so im would rather prefer the 92ES

Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

You have to pull the axles out to do the trans anyway, all you need to do is install the 94 axles when you install the trans. That's the only difference. Not really a big deal.

Quick Reply: Dodge Stealh Project transmission Swap possible???