Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

How much will a rebiuld cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:57 PM
death2zeus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much will a rebiuld cost?

Hell i am thinking about buying a 94 stealth R/T. The ad is below, and i was wondering how much it will cost to rebuild, and how much it would cost to do a tt swap. If i have miss spelled any thing i am sorry. Pleas post replies.

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T 3.0 DOHC ran and drove great until about a month ago lost oil pressure and locked up probably needs bottom end rebuild. 5speed shifts perfect no grind no sticking no slipping interior is decent has some tear in seats but not bad. asking $1000.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:40 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Alot .... I don't even know how plentiful those 3.0 DOHC engines are in salvage yards. You can;t know how the trans is if it doesn;t run. Don't take the seller's word for it. Assume it's trashed and offer him a little above scrap price.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Girly TT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by death2zeus
Hell i am thinking about buying a 94 stealth R/T. The ad is below, and i was wondering how much it will cost to rebuild, and how much it would cost to do a tt swap. If i have miss spelled any thing i am sorry. Pleas post replies.

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T 3.0 DOHC ran and drove great until about a month ago lost oil pressure and locked up probably needs bottom end rebuild. 5speed shifts perfect no grind no sticking no slipping interior is decent has some tear in seats but not bad. asking $1000.
don't waste your money doing a TT swap.

you can get a replacement engine for around $800-$1000, depending on where you are located, mileage, etc. Installation is roughly $800, depending on where you get the work done, shop rates, etc. You will need an engine from a 93+ DOHC N/A.

Quick Reply: How much will a rebiuld cost?