Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Swapping from a automatic to a manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Bear89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Swapping from a automatic to a manual

I have 2 91 dodge stealths one is a R/T and the other is a es model the R/T is a automatic and the motor is fried along with the tranny and my es model has a brand new motor and is a manual transmission well im gunna be trying to pull the motor and trany out of the R/T and swapping it with motor and trany from the es the reason im doing this is the es model has a bunch of electrical problems and the R/T has only a bad motor and tranny so i'm preparing to swap them. What i would like to know is there anything i need to know about the computer or the wiring or something thats gunna make any set backs or will it be easy as 1..2..3 please any info would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easiest way would be to swap engine harnesses between the cars. You can splice in the reverse light plug and bypass the park/neutral safety switch. All of these wires are located on the large plug that goes on top of the trans for the shifter position. The reverse wires are both blue and the park/neutral safety are the 2 thick wires. You cut the thick wires and splice them together to bypass the safety.

Quick Reply: Swapping from a automatic to a manual