Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 Stealth

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Alslow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Stealth

I guys, Im lookin to buy an 92 RT TT stealth. I would just like a heads up on what to be on the look out for.
Im new to these so I have no idea what to look out for, so if anyone could help me out with this it would be realy appreciated

Thanks

Alex

Old 08-08-2005, 11:14 PM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 92 Stealth

It's really hard to say. A good indicator of abuse is grinding going into 2nd and 3rd gear. If the syncros are rough, it usually indicates that it has been shifted hard. If you can, take a screw driver with you (philips and flat) to take off the hoses leading to the Y-pipe. The Y-pipe is the one directly connected to the throttle body. Oil in these hoses will let you know if the turbo bearing are leaking oil, which in turn will lead to turbo replacement. Ask if the trannsfer case recall has been done. There is a poorly engineered gasket on transfer case, causing the oil to leak out, leading to transfer case lock up (you don't want that to happen on the highway). This is covered under a recall, and any Mitsu/Dodge dealer should be able to run the VIN to find out if it has been taken care of. Other than those item, check it over like you would any other used car. If you get lucky, the previous owner will have kept good maintenance records, these cars, like all others need preventive maintenance.

Quick Reply: 92 Stealth