Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

91 sohc will not not.......any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 AM
91stealthman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 sohc will not not.......any ideas??

i bought a 91 dodge stealth with a sohc engine, ran fine other than exhaust problems when i bought it. i started restoring it then covered her up for the winter, when spring came i went out and started it then proceeded to pick up my kids toys they left out and she ran out of gas. went and got some more and put it in, but she wouldnt start back up, was told the fuel pump, bought a new one, and a fuel filter and installed them, still no start. then my buddy checked to see if it was getting any spark at the plugs and it wasnt. so i replaced the plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, the coil pack and a small black chip on the side of the engine that cost me 80 bucks, cant remember what it was called, and i still wasnt getting any spark at all, when i put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position my radiator fans kick on and all the lights in the dash come on, when i turn the key to start it she sounds like she wants to start but dosnt, so i was then told to replace the ecu, i bought a rebuilt one from a guy in cali and the first set of numbers were a match but the second and third set didnt plus it was writin on the side that it was for an automatic transmission and mine was a manual, i called a mechanic to see if it was ok and he said that as long as the first set of numbers matched it would be fine. so i plugged it in and turned the key on and the fans came on and lights did too, but when i tried to start the car all i heard was a little pop that seemed to come from the ecu and my lights went out. i tried to plug in the old ecu cuz the lights still came on with that one before i changed them out, but i got nothing, no lights or anything, i checked all fuses under the hood and under dash but everything looks fine. i even opened up both ecu's and checked for leaking caps or burnt marks on the motherboards but they looked fine, no leaking caps no burnt marks on either one and there was no burnt or fishy smell to them either. im now at a loss and dont kno what to do, if anyone can think of anything or help me out in any way it would be greatly apprieciated. i love my stealth and dont want to give up on her im working on it everyday but i cant figure it out?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 91 sohc will not not.......any ideas??