Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

New Dodge stealth!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 AM
91Stealthtt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge stealth!

Hey guys so I'm new here because yesterday my dad and I decided to go halves on a '91 Dodge Stealth r/t TT. We got it for 5,000 and it has an immaculate black interior with a beautiful original pearl white paint job.

Anyways,I just had a few questions. We knew for that low of a price some work would be needed. The clutch grinds when shifting into 3rd and 4th, and the suspension definatley needs to be replaced. Should we opt for a factory clutch or maybe upgrade it a little? For suspension, are they shocks or struts, I thought shocks but, wasn't sure. I do love the digital HUD for the climate control haha.

So if anyone has any reccomendations on those two and any other things to b checked, that'd be great. Love the car!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
toddrs93
Rookie

It's probably not the clutch. If it grinds the trans will need rebuilt. That's a very common issue on these. We do quality rebuilds at a good price if you still need help.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 AM
mdirks

I am curious how your project is going. My son just bought a 91 red ES. it is also in very good condition. Looks like it was garage kept for a long time and not driven much in the last year or so.

I had to replace the front truts. pretty easy job until you have to do the springs. I took them to a shop and they did both for $80. Just need to make sure you mark them well.

Is yours a manual or Auto. I am having s strange slipping feeling sometimes in gear.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

Originally Posted by mdirks
I am curious how your project is going. My son just bought a 91 red ES. it is also in very good condition. Looks like it was garage kept for a long time and not driven much in the last year or so.

I had to replace the front truts. pretty easy job until you have to do the springs. I took them to a shop and they did both for $80. Just need to make sure you mark them well.

Is yours a manual or Auto. I am having s strange slipping feeling sometimes in gear.
is yours an auto or manual?

Quick Reply: New Dodge stealth!