Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Timing Belt problem Plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Richsta1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Belt problem Plz help!

I recently had to get new head gaskets for my 1991 dodge stealth in the process of putting on the gaskets i broke the timing belt so I Bought a new timing belt And lined up all the notches and then when I tighten the one, one of the notches were not lined up. So i then i lined up 2 of the notches and the one that moved set farther ahead so that when i tightened it.... it would be lined up. Was i not suppose to do that? What am i suppose to do when putting on a timing belt?

Old 09-04-2005, 02:13 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Timing Belt problem Plz help!

From the service manual, it says to line up the timing marks on the cams and belt, making sure their are equal amount of "teeth" (on the belt) between the cam sprockets (intake and exhaust cams) and use large paper clips (the binder, clamp on kind) to hold things in place. It also said to rotate the crank pulley 1 tooth COUNTERCLOCKWISE from TDC using the timing mark. When you release the tension on the tensioner, everything should line up.
While you are in there, I would recommend replacing the water pump and the idler/tensioner pulleys and the t-belt itself.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Richsta1

Hey Thanks for the help with the belt!

however the car still will not start! ive check all my eletrical and every things pluged in. i have voltage going to my fuel injector wires and i know i have fuel in my fuel rail. i guess im lost if any one has any tips let me know.. If all elese fails i think ill finaly take somewhere and spend a small fortune.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:19 PM
thestealth
Champion

I've been racking my brain (what little there is) and can't come up with anything...

I assume you have checked the normal stuff; spark and fuel... You checked all the harness's and everything is hooked up, I don't know man, I'm at a loss.

Quick Reply: Timing Belt problem Plz help!