Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

User added turbo on single OHC and fried ECU

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM
DanHall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default User added turbo on single OHC and fried ECU

I bought a 92 stealth r/t with a 3.0 v6 single over head cam. the previous owner added a turbo. I made it almost home and it quit. We found the ECU went out. does that have any thing to do with the turbo and if so ware can I get a UCU that will handle the turbo.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
drk_stealth91

am not the best with the ecu and all that stuff but i seriously doubt the adding a turbo would frie the ecu... i would say its more like some bad wirring somewhere!

correct me if am wrong anyone!!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM
DanHall

you could be right or it was just the dodge ecu gremlin.

FirSs I haVe to tare the engine down enought to to know if it a single or duel cal cam. I was told the RT only come in in duel. I contactedte the guy I bout the I bougt it from and he sware up and doen he never replaceced the motor just rebuilt it. its a rare RT single cam. I think he is full if it do I hace ti finf out on my own before I buy a ECU/

Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
drk_stealth91

if i were you a wouldnt buy a stock ecu, ofcorse you need to find out what fried it but i would put one that you can tune your ride as you wish, thats what i did on my r/t tt..... best thing i ever did on it!!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
alan92rttt
Rookie

Originally Posted by DanHall
I bought a 92 stealth r/t with a 3.0 v6 single over head cam. the previous owner added a turbo. I made it almost home and it quit. We found the ECU went out. does that have any thing to do with the turbo and if so ware can I get a UCU that will handle the turbo.
Adding a turbo will not take out the ECU. Their is a known issue with the caps used in the ECU in these cars and they go bad over time. Most likely you can have the ECU repaired by just replacing the caps.

Try searching for ecu repair on 3sgto.org

Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 PM
toddrs93
Rookie

I do Ecu repair. I have one the most experienced guys there are with these Ecu's. we can fix probably 90% of the ones we see. Message or call me if you have any questions, 301-991-6501.
Seth

Quick Reply: User added turbo on single OHC and fried ECU