Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 Stealth-Fault codes-Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Stealth-Fault codes-Need advice

The car is a 92 Stealth with the 3.0 DOHC(non-turbo) with the 5-sp. manual trans. The car has developed a miss at all RPM ranges. It's very noticable at 30 mph where the car will start "bucking". Have changed the fuel filter,plugs and wires. This did not fix the problem. I pulled the fault codes using a volt meter and here's what I got- it's either 12131151 or 2131151 then it will repeat the same numbers. I can't figure out if it starts out with a "1" or "2". I'm guessing that it starts out with a "2" because the codes would be the lowest to the highest. So the fault codes would be- 21/31/15/1. 21 is the coolant temp sensor,31 is the detonation sensor. I have no idea what code 15 is or the remaining(1) is. I have done the test 4 times to verify the number's and that's what i come up with. If you start out with the fault code being 12/13/11/51 the 12 i think is the 02 sensor and 13 would be the intake air temp sensor. What 11/51 codes are it doesn't say. Bottom line is the check engine light is not on but it does have some fault codes. I need your advice on what i should do next. I just don't want to start replacing parts and hope that fixes the driveability problem. Many thanks for your help!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:46 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 92 Stealth-Fault codes-Need advice

How did you test your codes?? Did you use an analog volt-meter?? Most digital ones do not react quick enough to get a good reading.
With an analog volt-meter, you count the needle deflections. It only shows long or short deflections, count the deflections (long, long, long, short, pause, next code and so on until it starts repeating itself) Where did you come up with your numbers?? According to the service manual (and Stealth316) your codes are as follows. 21=normal state, short deflections that don't stop/31=nothing, the list stops at twenty-one/15=EGR, california cars only/1=ecu failure, steady deflection. For reference check here, stealth316. I hope this helps. Please let us know what you find as it may help someone in the future.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
john123123
Rookie
Default RE: 92 Stealth-Fault codes-Need advice

I used the analog meter. I had a Dodge Spirit doing this a few years ago and was talking to my mechanic and he said since your car has 100,000 miles on it replace the 02 sensor. I replaced the sensor and that fixed it. I told him that it did not trip the CEL. He said sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. He said it's just a good idea to replace the 02 sensor at 100,000 miles anyway and most of the time that will clear up the problem. This Stealth has over 125,000 miles on it and i checked and it still has the original 02 sensors. Before i do anything else i'm going to replace the sensors and see what happens. Thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply: 92 Stealth-Fault codes-Need advice