Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stealth
Reload this Page >

02 Sensors-Where are they located??

Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

02 Sensors-Where are they located??

Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Sensors-Where are they located??

I want to change the 02 sensors on my non-turbo Stealth. It has the DOHC engine. I checked the Stealth 316 site and it shows the sensors for the TT Stealth. Only problem is that when I crawled under the car it appears the rear 02 sensor is located about 3 feet behind the engine and very easy to get to. The 316 site does not show that this is where it is located. I also can't locate the front sensor at all. I'm guessing that the locations of the TT sensors are different than the non-turbo DOHC. If this is the case,the 316 article does not make this very clear.
I have changed many 02 sensors on my 92&95 Dodge Spirits with the 3.0L engine. They only have 1 sensor and it's located behind the air filter assembly. Very easy to change. What are the locations of the two 02 sensors on the Stealth? Does the non-turbo DOHC engine only have 1 sensor? Thanks for the help!

Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 02 Sensors-Where are they located??

If your car is a "federal spec" car (as opposed to a California Spec) it should only have one O2 sensor, I think it is near the catalytic converter.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:31 PM
john123123
Rookie

That's the new's I wanted to hear. The reason i'm asking so many questions is because i'm a semi-retired rural mailcarrier(28 years)with time to work on this Stealth. Over the years I have driven many,many cars and SUV's on the route. You learn very fast to learn to replace brakes and fix flat tires. I try to do as much of my own work because it saves time and money. If i'm up against a problem that i can't figure out then I will take it to a mechanic. Working on this Stealth is just a "hobby" for me. I can't find a decent repair manual. When I bought my first Spirit(route car)in 1992 I went ahead and bought the $80 Service Manuals from Chrysler. Very detailed and worth every penny. Have owned 3 Spirits with the 4 and 6cyl engines. The reason I went with the Spirit for the route is the durability of the 3-speed autotrans. Best autotrans ever made. Put a heavy duty trans cooler on it and it will go 175,000 miles of stop&go driving. Well i'm off the subject. By the way"Thestealth",thank you for your replys. I do appreciate it.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
thestealth
Champion

No problem at all. I enjoy helping folks, if I am able too.

I do highly recommend getting the service manual, give 3sx performance a call. Buying the official service manual was the best "mod" money I ever spent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Sensors-Where are they located??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: