Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Changing fuel injectors-Will these work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing fuel injectors-Will these work?

92 Stealth-3.0 DOHC-Non turbo I have changed several parts on this car trying to find a miss in all RPM ranges. The first engine threw a rod and I have been replacing parts from it. I have fixed most of the miss but it's still there. I have the injector rail and all the injectors from the ruined engine. I'm right in the middle of replacing the injectors but I noticed the ones from the original engine are a little different from the replaced engine. The injectors from the old engine are green and black. The end that goes into the engine is black in color and this part of the injector is about 1/2 inch long. The numbers on the injector are NP-061(I can't see these numbers very well) and bdh 210. On the other injector the numbers are NP-532 and bdg 210. This injector is "pink" in color and the part that goes into the engine is "green". This part is half the length of the other injector. Does anyone know if I can go ahead and replace the injectors from the old engine? The replacement engine i'm told came from a Mitsubishi Diamante. Any thought's? Thanks for the help!

Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Changing fuel injectors-Will these work?

Sorry, I cannot help you. I have been searching for differences in the injectors and have come up empty-handed.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
john123123
Rookie

I'm glad I noticed this. I put a couple of the injectors in the engine and despite being just a tad longer they fit perfectly. Common sense tells me they should work but am not going to do the change until I know for sure. I can't understand with the same engine you get 2 different looking injectors.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
black stealth tt

if the injectors you're using are from the diamante, you should make sure that they are 220cc injectors. the manufacturer may have used different colors due to design changes. example: 1G dsm injectors are commonly known as "blue tops" and 2G are known as "black tops." the major difference is the spray pattern of the injector. so if you intend on using the diamante injectors, make sure they are the correct flow rate. if you're using a diamante short block, make sure everything turns in the correct direction. they reversed the placement on the diamante motors so that the transmission sits on the driver side. i'm sure you're aware of this. anyways, the one thing i would suggest you do is to send your old 220cc injectors to http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html and have them sonicly cleaned and flow tested. they will send you back the injectors with a report detailing before and after cleaning. you'll know from looking at the "before" if they were causing your "miss" problems. it's better than using other old injectors and crossing your fingers. finally if you're having a "general misfire" at random intervals, make sure none of your lifters aren't collapsed and the valve train is working properly. also, depending on the mileage, you may want to consider purchasing new or aftermarket spark plugs.

Quick Reply: Changing fuel injectors-Will these work?