Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Infinty sound...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Sinatrix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinty sound...

Hey, well I have been looking for a new head unit for my car. A friend said he would give me a pioneer (I just want one to play cd's) but I am confused. I have a 92 Stealth R/T...I beleive I have the infinty sound with it. Walmart and best buy didn't carry the adapter (MC01 I beleive) and they said it doesn't exist. I found it online (thanks to thestealth for showing me the link at stealth 316) so my question is simpliy can I buy the adapter, splice the wires and it will work? I was told I need to bybass the amps and blah blah...but that site didn't say anything about it. Thanks for any advice

Cliff notes: Need a new headunit, can I buy the MC01 adapter and splice the wires and install?

Old 10-27-2005, 08:59 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Infinty sound...

I don't believe the 92's came with the Infiniti head units. Does is say Infiniti on it, or Mitsubishi?? I could already be an aftermarket unit.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Sinatrix

Well...it says mitsubish...it has a radio at the top, then a cd player at the bottom (seem to have been having trouble finding a replacment that looks the same) but I have like a sound manuel that came with the car...the guys a best buy told me that these cars have like an upgraded sound system and you can't get adapters...and they guy that looked at it (i showed him the book I had) and he said it was like an infinity system...maybe bose? Either way it ment there were like amps on the speakers or something...i really have no idea...I jstu want my music back.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
thestealth
Champion

I think those guys just don't know what they are talking about. It is a 6 speaker stereo, but there are no amps on the speakers, they are all powered by the head unit. You should be able to trace out which speaker wires go to which speakers and splice them in. That's what was done on my TT before I bought it. It has a new head unit with the stock speakers. I'll check my manual and see if I can find the wire color codes.

They did have Infinity units in the later models of Stealths and 3kgt's.

Edit:
Front Left
W-L
B-L
Front Right
W-R
B-R

Rear Left
GR-L
Y-L
Rear Right
GR-R