Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

water pump seal to engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Doodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump seal to engine

94 RT NA

I have my waterpump off. I seen that it connects to a pipe on the engine, where there is an o-ring. My question is, is there another seal I need that sits inside the waterpump at this junction? When I took off my waterpump, there was an o-ring on the pipe, but there also was what looks like a seal sitting inside the waterpump tunnel. I now suspect it may be an old 2nd o-ring that wasn't removed prior. Am I wrong, is there an o-ring and lip seal combination, at the waterpump to waterpipe connection? The dealer is telling me that all there is, is an o-ring connection, and that is it.

Can someone upload a scan of the waterpump please.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: water pump seal to engine

Per the manual, there is only an o-ring between the water pump and the pipe that runs to the water inlet. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry, but it is the best I could do with my digicam.

You'll notice (if you look real close) the o-ring in question. It is labeled 22 [N] (the N, means new)

BTW, did you vote in this months Ride of the Month contest??

Quick Reply: water pump seal to engine