Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

new to stealth RT

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
noonerii
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to stealth RT

I just bought a 92 stealth RT. its awesome i love it. but i need some more power! ive heard people go turbo and others all motor. for a daily driver what are some things i need to think about.

And one more thing! its got 130K on it. what can i expect to go wrong?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:36 PM
beasldw
Default RE: new to stealth RT

congrats on your car.there pretty fast huh?if you ever have too replace a cv DO NOT replace the shaft on the drivers side going into the transfer case.just do a half shaft.i replaced mine now the axle keeps slipping out on it and no one seems to know why.i want to sell mine because of all the problems i've had with it from the key ignition all the way to the ecs system.hope ya has lots o money.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
thestealth
Champion

If you want to keep it a reliable daily driver....don't try to make a race car out of it.

Cheap
Reliable
Fast

Pick 2

130K? Has the 120K service been performed?? (timing belt, water pump, misc. idlers and pulleys)
Things that are prone to failure...the capacitors on the main boards (ECU, TCU, ECS) will start leaking, causing all sorts of problems. They are replaceable though, so long as you don't let them leak too long.

beasldw:
I replaced the entire shaft on my drivers side CV joint....I've had no problems with it slipping out of the transaxle. I still think that the halfshaft in question is incorrect. It is a fixed distance from the transaxle to were the bracket bolts to the block. There should be zero room for slippage. I'm afraid you got the wrong part.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
noonerii

what are indicators that the capacitors are bad?

Old 02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
thestealth
Champion

Normally you will have problems with it running, or shifting (TCU), or the ECS light will flash (electronic susp.). But, if they haven't been replaced, they will start leaking, just a fact of life with these cars....damn Mitsu.

Quick Reply: new to stealth RT