Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 DOHC Non Turbo Idle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:40 AM
lorisstealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 DOHC Non Turbo Idle Problem

Hello all. I am new to the forum. Just purchased my first stealth. 92 DOHC non turbo. It has new motor, tranny, clutch etc. This was all done by the previous owner. The problem is that when I start it the idle fluctuates alot. It sounds like someone is reving the motor. Idle goes up and down quite a bit. Gets better when warmed up but still can audibly here this. When it does finally level out it idles a little high at about 1500 rpms. Another problem I am having is that the cruise is not working. ASC light comes on but cruise will not set. My car has a 5 speed manual tranny. Any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know of a website that if you put in your vin number it will list the options the car was built with? Thanks alot for any help. I already love this stealth and want to get it back to tip top condition.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 92 DOHC Non Turbo Idle Problem

I cannot help you with the cruise issue...sorry.

With the idle, it could be a couple of things...the first thing I would check is the IAC (idle air controller) Stealth316 has a great "how-to" for checking the unit out and/or replacing it. The MAS can cause issues too, but normally it is the IAC.

There is a site like what you describe, but the address escapes me at the moment. I'll check around to see if I can find it.

Edit: I found a couple of pages that give the production numbers...but not quite as detailed as the VIN search.
Production numbers, Stealth316
More production numbers

Old 03-07-2006, 01:25 PM
thestealth
Champion

Also does anyone know of a website that if you put in your vin number it will list the options the car was built with?
I knew there was one somewhere...finally found it.
Stealth/3000gt Story Teller

Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
lorisstealth

Hey thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it

Quick Reply: 92 DOHC Non Turbo Idle Problem