Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Custom Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
metal_militia_01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust

Im thinking about goin next week to get a custom exhaust put on and re tipped... removing the catalytic converter and gettin a glasspack put in any holes patched up and new tips(since one is missing)........

should i go with a bigger downpipe?????? any suggestions that would improve HP??

Old 03-15-2006, 09:14 PM
1994shadowman
Captain
Default RE: Custom Exhaust

taking out the cat can give you more power, is your exhaust mandrel bent?, if not get mandrel bent pipes.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
thestealth
Champion

This is the route I would go...3SX performance headers...or scroll down for their downpipe. 3sx makes quality parts for these cars.

Removing the catalytic converter will give you good gains too, at the expense of emisions (you will fail an emissions test, so be sure you live in a state that does not require them.)

If you change your cat-back exhaust, DO NOT remover the resonator/premuffler, as it is not a restriction and prevents the exhaust from "droning" at highway speeds (RPM's). Mandrel bent is the best you can get if you go custom. You don't really want to but much more than 2 1/2" exhaust on your car. Going bigger will give you more power at the top of the powerband, but you will lose low end grunt.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
metal_militia_01

2 1/2 inch wont effect the volume of my exhaust will it? i dont want nothing loud but to keep the same sound i have now.... or more of a cat back exhaust sound...

Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
thestealth
Champion

Offhand...I think stock exhaust tubing size is 2 1/4.

Edited for clarification: Any change you make you your exhaust system WILL change the way it sounds, from removing the cat., to a new downpipe/headers, to a cat back exhaust set up.

Quick Reply: Custom Exhaust