Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

newb questions about turbo stealth

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:24 AM
jermfrog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb questions about turbo stealth

I am looking at a 93 stealth twin turbo awd for just under 6k 90,xxx miles. First of all is that a good deal? also how is the reliablitity of these cars, me driving from home to college a couple times a month (250 miles) i need a reliable car. Also how are the upgrades for this car? is it easy to pull some nice hp numbers out of? I own a bmw now and it is giving me too many problems and it is so expensive to fix so i have been looking for a new car to get and sell the bimmer.

I saw that it comes with 300 hp, what do people generally upgrade their hp up to for a reasonable price? Sorry for all the newb questions but i am kinda in a rush to find a car so i dont have a LOT of time to do extensive research. Main thing is reliability... I cant have a car like an eclipse that breaks a lot etc etc...

Old 04-13-2006, 02:44 AM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran
Default RE: newb questions about turbo stealth

6k is a pretty good deal for a TT Stealth. I wouldnt say there the most reliable, Mitsubishi has been known to have some really ****ty cars. I see a lot of people with Stealths always having the same problem. A TCU or ECM went our or something. As for the upgrades if you get a TT you wouldnt need much more, but theres enough upgrades where you could get your Stealth over 1000hp. But if you kept your car in good shape, did all the 60k/120k service, and whatever in between it should do just fine. Just Stealth parts isnt some of the easiest parts to find. And some can get pretty expensive.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
thestealth
Champion

1000hp might be a little wishful, I think the highest documented HP is about 870.

With some bolt on's, you should be able to reach 350+awhp, but to go higher, quite a bit of work needs done...upgraded fuel system, bigger turbos, bigger intercooler, engine management and so on. Just remember, with more power, comes less reliability.

Cheap?
Fast?
Reliable?

Pick 2

Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM
jermfrog

cool, thanks for the info... i'll let you guys know if i get it or not!

Quick Reply: newb questions about turbo stealth