Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
mopartimross
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission question

Hey, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help yall could give me. I've got a 94 base model stealth its an automatic with the dohc n/a motor in it. I have been havin a lot of trouble with the transmission lately. For the past couple of days its been shifting wierd. One minute it'll shift just fine and then it'll slip like crazy, then it'll stop slippin but down shift really hard. So I'm figurin I'm gonna need a new transmission which brings me to my question, how much should a new tranny cost with installation and would the tranny in a Diamante work, I know they got the same motor but not sure about the tranny.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:13 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Transmission question

Has the fluid ever been changed?? It could also be you TCU going bad. See if any tranny places in your area do a free diagnostics...have them look at it and report back to what they think they have found. Honestly, it could be any number of things causing the tranny to act this way.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
mopartimross

Yep, i changed the tranny fluid and filter 3000 miles ago, but I'll check with the shops around here. Would you happen to know if the Diamante transmission would work for the stealth.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
thestealth
Champion

I believe that the internals are the same, or very similar, but the actual tranny casing itself is different. The part number for both tranny's is F4A33-1.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
mopartimross

oh ok. so then its safe to say it wouldnt work. thanks.

Quick Reply: Transmission question