Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Small Problem/need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 08:10 AM
angelmav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Problem/need Advice

OK, just started using the AC again and now I am having some hesitation, especially in 1st gear, now even when I am not using the AC the car acts like it wants to die in 1st and their is some hesitation when I give it gas. I am stuck overseas and have to order parts so whats this sound like to you, clogged fuel filter? fouled plug? (this is what I am thinking since it seems like my gas mileage has gotten worse) or a clogged fuel injector. Since I have to mail order the parts I am hoping to narrow this down. I

Old 05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Small Problem/need Advice

Either the plugs, fuel filter or air filter (even though an air filter doesn't normally affect gas mileage) would be a good place to start. If none of those remedy your problem, you should clean or replace your Idle Air Controller, especially if your issues seem to only be at idle.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:11 PM
angelmav

Turned out to be the plugs (which is what I was thinking) Once I got the wife to get on the gas while looking at it I noticed it was arcing everytime it hesitated. Just hate to order parts for no reason so I was glad to have found it first!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
thestealth
Champion

Good news. Have you changed them yet??

Old 05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
angelmav

Took care of that today, as soon as I saw it arc I new it was either the wires or a plug so I went ahead and did both. The plugs didnt look that bad but I have no idea how long they have been in since I have only had the car for the past 10,000 miles of its life. Made a huge difference.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
angelmav

Took care of that today, as soon as I saw it arc I new it was either the wires or a plug so I went ahead and did both. The plugs didnt look that bad but I have no idea how long they have been in since I have only had the car for the past 10,000 miles of its life. Made a huge difference. Got lucky, found a place that handles american car parts exclusively. I have taken a few cars in thier before but until today I didnt know they could just order me the parts. went in this morning and had them this afternoon. phew, that was a relief!

Quick Reply: Small Problem/need Advice