Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Where did my horse power go ?

Old 07-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Epyllion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did my horse power go ?

K....this is been starting for a few months maybe less...but since im not big in having horse power I didnt pay much atention.

When I accelarate my RPM goes up but the car wont move as fast as it should be. Something tells me I should have more kick to it.

The car had a valve job a few months ago..everything went fine,,...changed everything that should have been changed when a valve job is done....water pump, puleys, gaskets (hehe), belts, sparkplugs...and I think thats about it. 1300$ somewere around that.

The gas consumtion is the same.

Could it be the clutch......am having litle troubles with shifting in the 1st gear....I can shift just fine if I do it before I stop...and keep the clutch pressed...but since I drive in a place with bunch of stop lights..I hate to wait till I get it aligned right , in the 1st gear.

I dont think the transmision is going bad....but just the clutch beeing worn.
The airfilter is a K&N...i cleaned it up a bit and it looks fine to me.

If thats the problem...what should I expect ? What does it take to change the cluth on these cars....can it be done in the garage ?

Old 07-23-2006, 07:34 PM
jaclengroup
Default RE: Where did my horse power go ?

Hi, has anyone replied yet with any suggetions?

Old 07-24-2006, 12:55 PM
thestealth
Champion

Your clutch could be slipping, but I would think you would notice an RPM spike when it slipped. Did it just start being difficult getting it into first? You may need to adjust your clutch.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
falcon66
Rookie

If the rpm's are ramping up quickly and the car is slow to respond then yes, I would try adjusting the clutch and replaceing if it still does not fix the issue. I know there are some tools that at least make it easier to replace the clutch if not required. If you have never replaced a clutch I would find someone who has to work on it with you.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Epyllion

Im a litle late with the response here...been away from home...So...how do i adjust the cluth....where is the adjuster

Thanks guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where did my horse power go ?