Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Dano Sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Rotors

So now i have to replace the brake rotors on my 91 dodge stealth. I have a few questions, first of all should i just do the suspected trouble makers (the front rotors) or should i replace all the rotors? Second, should i, myself replace the rotors on my car or should i let a professional handle that? And if i can replace the rotors on my car what is the difficulty of replacing them? And how would i go about replacing them. My rotors are really warped, the sooner your reply the better.

Old 07-03-2004, 06:15 AM
Dano Sport
Default RE: Brake Rotors

OH! and which is better for me to get. Cross drilled or slotted? My previous OEM rotors are warped which is causing me to replace them. So which would be the most long lasting type?

Old 07-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Dano Sport

THANKS! That will help alot.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie

The swap is pretty easy. The rotors probably will not jsut slide off the lugs. Their are two threaded holes near the hub that you can use to force the rotor off. Just thread the proper sized screw into the hole and alternating bolts tighten then untle hte rotor is free/off.

You may not need to upgrade the stock rotors can be turned a few times to cure the warp. And my TT stockers lasted 70k miles. If you really want ot upgrade I'd just go with a hardened(cryo treated)rotor unless you do alot of road corse/auto X racing, then slotted or xdrilled mige be worth it. .

Quick Reply: Brake Rotors