Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Weird Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 PM
PA_93ES
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Noise

well i was driving around yesterday and everything was fine and all of a sudden a very weird noise started coming from the passenger rear wheel area it sounded like metal grinding together but it only happened when the wheels were turning. so i got it home and started tearing things apart i removed the rotor and break caliper. once i did this i found a piece which is very loose and the culprit of the noise. its located just behind the hub in what i believe is called the drum rotor? i think it may have something to do with the emergency break but i have no clue.it has two bolt holes in it which have no bolts. I hope someone can help me out and let me know what this is called.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird Noise

From your description, it sounds like the emergency break. It is a small drum brake. Can you take or find a picture of what you are talking about? It could be a bad rear wheel bearing or loose parts in the emergency brake assembly, but I'm not sure exactly from your description.

Quick Reply: Weird Noise