Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Always wanted one and now I have one

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:17 AM
plugandplay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Always wanted one and now I have one

[blockquote]
Recently got myself a one owner 1994 base stealth, AT,PW,PB, Crunch Sound System. I looked at the diag plug before getting the car and it looked like an ODBII but now I find that it is not, it is what they call a hybrid. I'm hoping that I can use the same datalogger for a 1993 model as this one seeing that the door sticker says it was made in OCT 93. I looked in the service manual and it shows 3 wires coming from the diag plug (2 go to ground), there is a #16 that goes somewhere else but I don't have the page in front of me to tell you right now. I'm thinking that Mitsubishi just jumped the gun and changed the diag plug to a ODBII trapaziod but left the wiring the same until 1995 or 1996 when all vehicles were required to be ODBII compliant. I have a Palm IIIC but I need to get data and charging cables for it as the original ones are lost somewhere. I tried installing an aftermarket 3" round cone shaped air filter but the car ran rough and started smoking so I removed the air cleaner and went back to the stock one.
It has 129,500 miles on it and gets about 23Mpg with a combination of city/highway driving. I would like to change the capacitors and can handle a soldering gun quite well but do not have a way to read the diagnostic to compare readings until I get the palm connected to it if I can. Please let me know what other things I might need to do and any help getting the diag plug to work with my Palm would be greatly appreciated. I build and repair computers in my spare time but the Palm is a dinosaur compared to the new car readers out there now. So a big howdy hello to all you stealth owners out there and keep them babies ticking along. If anyone has any info about how to make a datalogger cable please let me know.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53197/679C28D1044A46B8A891F57C3EC89D06.jpg[/IMG] [/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Always wanted one and now I have one