Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Car won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
tokex420
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start!

Hi guys, I took like a 1 hour drive the other day and when I stopped and turned the car off the power went out and wouldnt turn back on. tried to jump start and still didnt work. I have a thing next to my battery called "automatic battery protector". The AAA guy put the + wire on the protector and it worked, when i got home it wouldnt turn back on again. after 2 days the power was there again so I went to Pep Boys and they tested my battery and said I need a new one. I bought a new battery and replaced it my self and i drove for like 15 sec and it turned it self off, while driving it I noticed the battery gauge shaking up and down. and No power again!

Anybody know what it could be?

Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
whitey97
Professional
Default RE: Car won't start!

i would check the connections, keep in mind the people at pep boys are there to tell you your battery is shat. try taking a wire brush to your connectors if they're corroded. check all your other battery connections to make sure they're not damaged. you've got some looking to do if you want to fix it yourself, get under the car and get dirty

Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 AM
tokex420
Professional

Wow, I went to replace the battery and it still didnt turn on, $80 gone, they said it was electrical, so the electric test was $79 gone, just to tell me i need like another 200 to fix what they found. My + wire is hooked up to a thing called automatic battery protector, nobody has ever heard of it and its a bitch. so now im screwed. I stared to go home and everytime I would start to brake the car turns off completely so I had to try not to stop on stop signs and try to make a green light.

What a great day i had today

Old 01-31-2007, 03:54 AM
Tomahawk

You should make sure your alternator is charging your battery first before you do anything else

Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 PM
tokex420
Professional

Hey I found out how to fix it when pep boys said it was gonna be a 2hour job, I did it in 5min. I took the + wire off the automatic battery protector and took that **** off and put it back on the battery how it on every car and now it starts, I still have the Idle problem though.
Saved $200, Retarded Pep Boys!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 AM
whitey97
Professional

what's the idle problem? most common problem if you haven't already searched it is the throttle plate gets carbon deposits on it. take some cleaner on a rag and wipe it out, should be good after that

Quick Reply: Car won't start!