Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Water pump failure symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
stealth92rt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump failure symptoms?

I have a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT 3.0 DOHC and I know these cars need the water pump changed every 60,000 miles. My car has 136,000 kilometers and I only bought it when it had 132,000 kilometers from a dealer and he didn't know when and if the water pump has been changed.

Recently I started getting this squeling sound from one of the pulleys and i saw that the back accessory belt had play in it.

Now the squeeling sound has gotten worse and I'm afraid something is gonna break soon. I don't trust the mechanics over here... they replace everything so I would like to go to a shop and tell them "Change this for me" and that's it.... I don't want to spend money and the problem not be fixed.

I think it's the water pump but i want some second opinions. Please help
And does anyone have a diagram with what pulleys drive what?

Old 02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: Water pump failure symptoms?

don't know about the squeeling sound but here is the diagram type thing:

[IMG]local://upfiles/56141/BEBB080139C74F1799EA3E0CF6EC097B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Water pump failure symptoms?

If you saw the p.s. belt loose, tighten it up and see if the squealing goes away. You can do this with very basic tools. If memory serves me correctly, you can do this from the top of the engine bay.

Normally, when a water pump starts to fail, the shaft seals will start to drip out of the "weep hole" on the pump housing.

Quick Reply: Water pump failure symptoms?