Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

ugh... headlight is fogged

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:48 AM
OhioBlueStealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ugh... headlight is fogged

I know the 3000gt engine like the back of my hand almost but i have no idea how to get the condensation out of my headlight..anyone know?

Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: ugh... headlight is fogged

what year is it? first gen are just sealed beam headlights that you can buy at autozone for 10$ a piece or so.
For the second gen:
"The '94s were (I believe) the only year you could get those headlights in glass. The next year they switched to Lexan. The Lexan lenses don't fog up, but are prone to scratching. They are also colored differently- the glass ones have a colored insert whereas the Lexan ones are painted on the exterior. OK. Having said all that - yes, a few people have successfully pulled the glass ones apart. They removed the few clips there are, and used a heat gun (or maybe even an hair dryer) to break the seal between the plastic body of the headlight and the glass. Once apart, they cleaned off the condensation and resealed using some type of putty or ribbon that can be bought at auto paint supply stores. (NOTE: I imagine you can use Super Fast Urethane - a 3M product used to install windshields - but that stuff is PERMANANT. It is VERY strong, won't melt, and you'd have to cut it to separate those parts again). Anyway, as I understand it, the first one takes forever to get apart, but the second goes much easier as you get a sense of where the adhesive is and where you need to apply heat. I've heard that the condensation comes back, as this was a design flaw with these headlights. But, there are drip holes that are supposed to expel this water. Someone siliconed those closed and (last I heard) hasn't had a reoccurrence of this problem. ---Ron "from: www.team3s.com/FAQheadlights.htm

Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 AM
OhioBlueStealth
Default RE: ugh... headlight is fogged

thx alot thehair dryerdid the trick...

Quick Reply: ugh... headlight is fogged