Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

don't girls drive stealths?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:53 PM
rowen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't girls drive stealths?

Ok why don't I see any girls on this forum?? Well here is one that lOVES the dodge stealth twin turbo. I drive a 91 red twin turbo an enjoy the power and the feel of the car. I do have several questions though?

First - the car is in great condition and the seats are the grey lether seats, however, they are starting to get scratched just a little on the sides. They have not been torn or any damaged just wear and tear any suggestions on how to fix??

Next question - do any of you have a problem with the car sputtering when it accelerates??? does not happen often but sometimes???

Oh yeah, and I want to get new wheels on the car the factory ones are still on, any suggestions here???

THanks for the tips
rowen

Old 09-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: don't girls drive stealths?

You haven't looked very hard... there are lots of girls around here.

~Amanda

Old 09-01-2004, 02:31 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: don't girls drive stealths?

ORIGINAL: rowen

Ok why don't I see any girls on this forum?? Well here is one that lOVES the dodge stealth twin turbo. I drive a 91 red twin turbo an enjoy the power and the feel of the car. I do have several questions though?

First - the car is in great condition and the seats are the grey lether seats, however, they are starting to get scratched just a little on the sides. They have not been torn or any damaged just wear and tear any suggestions on how to fix??

Next question - do any of you have a problem with the car sputtering when it accelerates??? does not happen often but sometimes???

Oh yeah, and I want to get new wheels on the car the factory ones are still on, any suggestions here???

THanks for the tips
rowen
Hi rowan, welcome to the board.

For the seats, I would recommend getting some Kiwi brand shoe polish in a like color, or even black. Use it lightly on the faded areas and buff it out. It should blend in pretty good. Are they light gray or the dark (almost black) gray? If they are light gray, the black polish may be to dark so try it is an inconspicous spot.

For the sputtering problem, that "could" be a few things. How many miles does the car have? How old are the spark plugs/plug wires? Has the fuel filter ever been changed? Is the air filter clean? Those are common things that can make a car run poorly. My car is not a turbo so I do not know a lot about them, but boost leaks can cause sputtering.
One thing you can do easily is reset the ECU. Unplug the negative battery cable for about 20 minutes. This will basically reboots the cars computer.

Reset the ECU first. If that doesn't help have the filters/plugs checked out or changed. Anything beyond that, I doubt I can give you more than opinion or hearsay, not experience.

For the wheels, that is purely your choice. Lighter wheels will make the car accelerate and handle a little better. Big chrome wheels will look "bling" but are heavier and do nothing for performance.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:22 AM
StealthRob
Default RE: who says girls drive stealths?

[color=#3366FF]Hello Rowan & Amanda(love both names)
i'm Rob from new york, i'm new to the forum (was lurking for a short while)
as good as it is - this place is far the better having you around.

Nice to see women who can handle serious power--- these cars are awesome beasts
i've loved them since they came out.
I have a '94 RT/TT pearlescent off-white (aka grey/white) with every option
i live in Manhattan and keep the car in the 'burbs so i dont get to drive it enough, but i'll never get rid of it.

[/color
]

Old 01-13-2005, 07:47 PM
sweetbluDMC
Default RE: who says girls drive stealths?

hey guys. Its nice to see some stealth owners on this msg board. just a little tidbit for ya,if you are serious about your cars I would seriously recomend going to www.3si.org . it is the official dodge stealth mitsubishi 3000gt message board. . lots of info there and a great group of people. (men and women)

Craig

Quick Reply: don't girls drive stealths?