DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Stealth (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth-32/)
-   -   would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-stealth/99698-would-a-3-0-stealth-win-against-a-1st-gen-neon.html)

godzraaa 03-27-2007 02:16 PM

would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon?

if both cars are factory and they get run down the quarter mile

what do you think?

yevgenievich 03-27-2007 02:46 PM

RE: would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon?

defenetely, specially if you take r/t turbo lol
even base stealth model should beat the top neon model.

EvilZombieZ 03-27-2007 09:46 PM

Without a doubt any Stealth model will beat any Neon but the SRT4. V4's are the most unblanaced engine, and defiently the least powerful. In my sisters neon the tires wont even squeel unless your going around a turn goin like 30mph.

yevgenievich 03-28-2007 01:48 AM

i think the most powerful first gen neon have 150 hp, but in 2005 is when they came out with srt4 which had somewhere around 210-220 hp

EvilZombieZ 03-28-2007 03:11 AM

lol the srt4's do like 12seconds at a track, they will beat a VR4 or RT TT.

DevilsReject 03-28-2007 11:07 AM

The SRT-4's fastest stock times is 13.9-14.1 so 12 seconds is a bit of a leap :D

Stock times for a 3000GT VR4 is 14 seconds flat.....so do not say that an SRT-4 would beat one.....considering it has AWD and it's also turbo'd.....the VR4 or Stealth RT/TT are more then capable of holding their own against the SRT-4, not to mention are worth more and more desired.

As for the original question...

A stock Dodge Stealth or 3000GT 3.0L V6 would beat any generation Neon in the 1/4 mile, excluding the SRT-4 of course.

godzraaa 03-28-2007 06:28 PM

now with that being said, do you think a dodge shadow 3.0 v6 would beat a neon?

DevilsReject 03-28-2007 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: godzraaa

now with that being said, do you think a dodge shadow 3.0 v6 would beat a neon?
I would say chances are it would be a closer race, and depending on if it was an auto V6 vs. a 4cyl manual.....it might be a driver's race

irocelectric93 03-28-2007 07:08 PM

A first gen neon is a sohc engine. The shadow would easily beat it. I have a 3.0 iroc daytona...punched next to a 24v stealth and it was a pretty even race. My 3.0 isnt stock but thats besides the point. Is the stealth a sohc engine? Either way the stealth should win. Oh and i just got back from gateway...most srt4s with mods are running high 13s...so a stock one even though they say can run 13.9 is more likely to be a 14 sec car...unless you drive GOOD.

thestealth 03-28-2007 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: irocelectric93

A first gen neon is a sohc engine. The shadow would easily beat it. I have a 3.0 iroc daytona...punched next to a 24v stealth and it was a pretty even race. My 3.0 isnt stock but thats besides the point. Is the stealth a sohc engine? Either way the stealth should win. Oh and i just got back from gateway...most srt4s with mods are running high 13s...so a stock one even though they say can run 13.9 is more likely to be a 14 sec car...unless you drive GOOD.
Stealths like their 3000gt siblings had 3 engine offerings.
160hp SOHC
220hp DOHC
320hp DOHC-TT

yevgenievich 03-29-2007 12:06 AM

just wanted to add that 1994-1996 TT models have 320 hp and first gen should have 300 hp
EDIT: btw, did anybody notice that the most meaningless post is geting the most replyes?

thestealth 03-29-2007 01:16 AM

Yes, he's right, the 1st gens are only rated at 300 hp.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-freeboost.htm <-----for the free boost mod. That little nipple that can be easily removed is the only difference in regards to HP between the 1st and 2nd gens.

irocelectric93 03-29-2007 03:11 AM

Dohc stealths are "Factory" rated at 224. Thats nonsense...they are more like a 170-180 horse engine to the wheels. The tt models are faster (obviously) but in order to pull a 14 flat....if they were 300 or better to the wheels they would be in the 13s easy in my opinion. Im not taking away from them they are awesome engines ...the Dohc heads flow amazingly but the simple fact of the matter is....they are overrated horse wise from the factory. There was a guy on 3si who had a 3000gt who bought a brand new dohc engine. No miles bone stock dropped it in with the only mod being the test pipe...dynoed 180whp and i forget the torque. So with that in mind the 220 horse would have to be crank horse...but most people think thats what they are getting to the ground which isnt the case.

EvilZombieZ 03-29-2007 03:21 AM

ive seen srt4's beat the vr4s, their quiet a bit lighter compared to the vr4's awd or not them bein that heavy slows them down compared to the srt4.

DevilsReject 03-29-2007 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: irocelectric93

Dohc stealths are "Factory" rated at 224. Thats nonsense...they are more like a 170-180 horse engine to the wheels. The tt models are faster (obviously) but in order to pull a 14 flat....if they were 300 or better to the wheels they would be in the 13s easy in my opinion. Im not taking away from them they are awesome engines ...the Dohc heads flow amazingly but the simple fact of the matter is....they are overrated horse wise from the factory. There was a guy on 3si who had a 3000gt who bought a brand new dohc engine. No miles bone stock dropped it in with the only mod being the test pipe...dynoed 180whp and i forget the torque. So with that in mind the 220 horse would have to be crank horse...but most people think thats what they are getting to the ground which isnt the case.
In almost every instance, we're talking HP to the crank, not the wheels.....in fact, unless its actually stated that the HP rating is to the wheels...you should always assume its to the crank. Drivetrain loss accounts for between 15-25% loss in HP.

180whp is about right for a 224chp motor...

ORIGINAL: EvilZombieZ

ive seen srt4's beat the vr4s, their quiet a bit lighter compared to the vr4's awd or not them bein that heavy slows them down compared to the srt4.
I've also seen LS1 Camaros crush a SRT-4.....it's a drivers race.....and thats all it is..... I dont care how heavy/light a car is......both are basically a 14 flat second car, and it comes down to who launches and hit the gears right the fastest.....

And if a 7000lbs truck can do a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds, its still every bit as fast as that SRT-4 Neon.....so the weight issue is a nonfactor at that point...

thestealth 03-29-2007 12:20 PM

If you wanna get technical, the DOHC's were rated (at the crank) 222 and later 218. ;)

irocelectric93 03-29-2007 07:08 PM

Devilsreject...you are absolutely right and i was just stating the facts ...thats it. My point was ive talked to stealth owners who think they are putting more to the ground than they think. The stealth...you are also right. Im just stating facts...the original point...the stealth would more than likely beat the neon.

EvilZombieZ 03-30-2007 05:12 AM

Lol of course a LS1 could beat a SRT4, my friend has a 11second stock ls1 camaro.

irocelectric93 03-30-2007 02:34 PM

Wow...thats the worst lie ive ever heard. That ls1 isnt stock then if its running in the 11s. Thats like saying it can smoke an 03 cobra....which runs in the 12s. Also like saying it can beat a viper....or a zo6. Somehow i highly doubt it if its "stock"

thestealth 03-30-2007 03:24 PM

I'm with irocelectric...11's is a pretty good stretch considerind most run in the mid 13's stock.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...03/bsmeter.gif

EvilZombieZ 03-31-2007 01:23 PM

This is what my friend does in his stock ls1 camaro, he wrote it down for me. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/JPouncey/clean%20pictures/DSC00039.jpgA link to his car.

1.620 60" 7.579 1/8th 11.969 @ 111.70 1/4

DevilsReject 03-31-2007 06:49 PM

This is what my friend does in his stock ls1 camaro, he wrote it down for me. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/JPouncey/clean%20pictures/DSC00039.jpgA link to his car.

Well I can tell you for a fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a stock LS1 Camaro to run that fast. Not only would it have been faster then a stock Corvette, which weighs less and is more aerodynamic, but would have been faster then a stock Viper....which we know is b.s.

Not to mention the 400hp LS2 GTO doesnt even go faster then 13 seconds in the 1/4....which is basically the same weight as the LS1 Camaros....

Sorry bud, but you are wrong here..

yevgenievich 04-01-2007 01:34 AM

if it's supercharged ls1, then it might be fast enough, and interior might be striped

thestealth 04-01-2007 04:14 AM

If it's blown and has a stripped interior...it's not quite stock anymore.:D

DevilsReject 04-01-2007 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: thestealth

If it's blown and has a stripped interior...it's not quite stock anymore.:D
Exactly....not to mention that those numbers make the car almost 2 full seconds faster then stock...

EvilZombieZ 04-01-2007 01:24 PM

no it has full interior, car looks literally brand new he takes good care of it. and you think too much of the viper, I mean its my favorite car of all time but face it viper isnt a fast car anymore, atleast not until the 2008 comes out. cars half the vipers price are out doing faster then a viper does now, the srt team went soft on really making a muscle car. I mean chevy is making a 650 supercharged z07 just to destroy the new 600hp viper.

irocelectric93 04-01-2007 05:00 PM

Look the simple fact is that camaro does not run 11s if its stock....even if its an ss its still not faster than a viper or a zo6. Another thing....drive a viper if you think they arent fast.....if you think that a viper isnt fast your not very smart.....oh and the whole zo7 supercharged thing.....forced induction changes EVERYTHING in my opinion. Big deal throw a blower on the viper...see what i mean? The Henessey Venom twin turbo viper is over a 1000 horse and 1000 torque. The viper runs close to 12 flat i believe....which is fast considering the suspension is....good but not setup for straight drag. A vette isnt either but the vette has a better power to weight ratio. You can argue it both ways all day long but the fact is your buddys camaro isnt stock and vipers are fast whether you like it or not.....now are they expensive ....YES but thats a whole different arguement.

EvilZombieZ 04-02-2007 01:12 AM

lol dude my dads worked for dodge for about 15 years, ive been in them, ive probably seen the worlds only automatic viper, yeah I know bout the viper venom, 255mph top speed. lol ive seen it his car is stock, hell my friend has a vr4 with about a new exhaust and air filter and its doing 13 flat. their are such thing as like freak of nature cars that come out of the factory more powerful then the others. ill get pics of his engine so you can see he dont have 1 mod done to it.

DevilsReject 04-02-2007 03:40 AM

lol dude my dads worked for dodge for about 15 years, ive been in them, ive probably seen the worlds only automatic viper, yeah I know bout the viper venom, 255mph top speed. lol ive seen it his car is stock, hell my friend has a vr4 with about a new exhaust and air filter and its doing 13 flat. their are such thing as like freak of nature cars that come out of the factory more powerful then the others. ill get pics of his engine so you can see he dont have 1 mod done to it.
You have a friend who has a stock LS1 powered Camaro that is faster then any known stock Dodge Viper, Chevy Corvette, or any other stock Camaro/Mustang????

[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=bs.gif]

formula21 04-02-2007 03:44 AM

so what does a stock 3.0 stealth run in the 1/4 and how much does it weight

BadStratRT 04-02-2007 04:09 AM

no....no there arent. :eek:

"factory freaks" are a rumor...i think that the absolute FASTEST stock 4th gen f-body is somewhere in the mid 12s, and that was with ideal conditions.

keep in mind that the new Z06s are in the 11s stock, well driven, and they have 150 more stated horsepower. there are tons of 11 second camaros, but none of them are stock. if his car is completely stock, why does he have aftermarket gauges on the A pillar, clearly visable in the picture?

just because daddy worked for chrysler doesnt mean that you should whip around what you consider to be good information.

EvilZombieZ 04-02-2007 05:37 AM

lol ideal conditions? stock is stock no matter the condition or not, and the new z06's yeah of course their fast but idk I say they copied the viper way too much. I mean im sure you guys heard of the z07, only reason their makin it, is to supercharge it to make it beat the viper, cause the new 08 viper would beat the z06. Wich im glad chevy is making a z07, maybe it i will bring chrysler, or well dodge since chrysler might be sold, to step up the viper to even higher hp and tq. And again my friend with his ls1 camaro this is his forum signate exactly what it says. Just a stock LS1 Camaro. http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
No spray... yet... http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Did any of the ls1's come with a turbo or supercharger by chance? Also this is what else he said in his post when he posted some pics after he washed the car.

Quote:[/align]

Originally Posted by VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]
What can I say? The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog. http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

...an 1/8th that's faster than me but a 1/4 mile time that's not [/align]
I've always said that the car is an 1/8th mile car, and it comes out of the hole like you lit a fire under its ass. I'm working on getting faster down the big end once I get the drivetrain sorted out. What're you running in the 1/4, ET and MPH wise? I'd be interested to know. Shoot me a PM if you don't want to post up.

and a bit of spray coming sometime in the (probably not so) near future. http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/wink.gif [/align]
Again, the power comes after the drivetrain can handle it. You all KNOW that I'm getting nitrous. What you don't know is when, and what kind of power the car will make on the juice. I assure you that all supporting mods (injectors, tuning software, electronics, etc...) will be in place when I get the spray, to maximize the gain that I get. I'll race all you guys AFTER I've made my money back on the system. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images...h/gr_devil.gif http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images...ech/secret.gif

thestealth 04-02-2007 12:58 PM

VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]
What can I say? The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog. http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
His car =/= stock

...and no, to this point the LSx series of motors has not been offered with any sort of FI.

BadStratRT 04-02-2007 01:17 PM

just because he hasnt done much to the engine, but has built everything around it...doesnt make the car stock.

...and youre going to argue about how fast this guys supposedly stock LS1 is, and you dont even know that there hasnt been a factory FI LS1? :eek:

spudsterier 04-02-2007 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]

The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog. http://forums.aspeedracing.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

damn...is that the deffinition of stock?????
i dont mean to jump in on your argument here, but this kinda crap cought my eye[&:]
thats like me saying that i only have a few bolt ons .....internal or not, bolts hold them on:D

BadStratRT 04-02-2007 04:50 PM

i agree..the mirada is bolt on only..nothing is welded on...:D

pghsebring 04-02-2007 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

Bull****. There are parts that are welded on that car. Also, there are parts that are ziptied on, that is NOTa bolt on. Also, hoodpins are not bolts. Quit lying to us.

Now, ifyou swapped heads on your 5.0, your car only has "a few bolt ons..."

Stuart

DevilsReject 04-02-2007 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: pghsebring

Bull****. There are parts that are welded on that car. Also, there are parts that are ziptied on, that is NOTa bolt on. Also, hoodpins are not bolts. Quit lying to us.

Stuart
Hahahahahahaha Pat he [sm=owned.gif] ya!

Although since he's your friend, I'm sure he knew you were bein sarcastic :D

BadStratRT 04-02-2007 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: pghsebring

Stuart
youve seen my welding...and that is PROOF that nothing on my car is welded on! my zipties are only holding back wires and hosesthat dont do anything.

my hood pins are screwons, and they only add like 4hp...so with them im still "stock"...

irocelectric93 04-02-2007 06:31 PM

The simple fact that you said "well dodge since chrysler might be sold" proves you dont know anything about dodge chrysler or car manufacturers for that matter. If chrysler is sold.....then dodge is sold...they are the same company. Another thing....i would HOPE that a 7 liter v8 supercharged....would generate 650 horses. Supercharge the 8.4 new viper engine and see what happens......BOOST changes everything.