Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

NEW TO THE STRATUS STEREO QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
whitelotus420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TO THE STRATUS STEREO QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and am here because of my girlfriends 2003 stratus. I just bought her a stereo system consisting of an alpine head unit, a 1000 watt amp, and a sony sub. We purchased a harness and a DIN dash converter at Walmart. Now in reseaching stereo installation on these cars I am noticing that the Stratus has some unique obstacles to installing this. Here are my questions:

1) I know the battery is behind the wheel, but can I hook up the postive battery power source to where you can jump start the car? And the ground to the negative?this seems MUCH more convienent.

2) Where is the best (read easiest) enterence to the car for wiring though the firewall?

3) My girlfriend would like to keep her stock amp running the speakers in the car (not the sub)IF THERE IS AN AMP AT ALL I dont know for sure if she has one BUT IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SHE DOES. Is there any way to do this?

4) If not, and I do have an amp how do you bypass it?

thank you so much, the install will take place next Monday so any info and advice would be very appreciated!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Brock0295
Veteran
Default RE: NEW TO THE STRATUS STEREO QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP

yes you can hook up the power cable where you "Jump start fords, and chevys" this is were mine is hooked up. i also ran my cable though the hole that the thoutle cable goes though. the only way " or simplest pita wayt" to bypass the stock amp is run your own cables to the speakers.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM
whitelotus420

thank you, do you know if she even has an amp powering the speakers?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
abecker7596

yea, the r/t comes stock with the amp under the passanger seat. u cannot use that amp to power your subs, i tried that already. u just need to run all new wiring for it.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
BloodRed
Professional

If the Sedan is like the coupe, you only have a stock amp if you have the Infinity sound system. If it doesn't say Infinity on the speaker covers, no amp.

Quick Reply: NEW TO THE STRATUS STEREO QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP