Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

low pitch horn

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Ozark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low pitch horn

My wife got a 99 stratus 4cyl from her brother cheap. Need to find the low pitch horn. The high pitch works but she can't find the low pitch. She has a replacement horn but can't find it. Any help? The high pitch is to the left of the radiator (looking at car).

Old 04-07-2007, 05:40 AM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: low pitch horn

most cars built in that year (and i looked in the haynes) have a two-toned horn. both the low and high notes come from the same horn. the book asys to take off the bumper, sounds like a lot of work to me. is it not working at all or just the low side? if it's loud enough i'd just live with it. happy mototring.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Ozark
Default RE: low pitch horn

Found it! My wife called a couple dealers. While all agreed there are two seperate horns, none of them agreed on where to find the low tone horns. After some searching, my wife located the second horn above and toward the front of the car from the high note horn. I took the headlight off, which gave access to the bolt to remove the horn.

Quick Reply: low pitch horn