Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 2.4 DOHC VIN X starter installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
tvarner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 2.4 DOHC VIN X starter installation

I'm not much of a mechanic, but looking at the location of the starter in my 98 stratus....do I have to remove the engine mount? I keep blowing the fuel starter fuse, and now my starter is not wanting to engage/disengage. Reading the first 60 pages or so of threads here I see its a common problem. But couldn't find any information on replacing the starter itself. I sure hope I'm missing somthing, don't wanna go messing with engine mounts if I don't have too. I can't even see what size the mounting bolts are for that bugger. I'd appreciate any details that could be provided on this operation.

On a side note, I seen a few posts on the ignition key not wanting to come out. I have this problem as well. Is there a solution for this other then replacing the whole keyhole assemble in the steering wheel?

Tim V

Old 04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
BloodRed
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 98 2.4 DOHC VIN X starter installation

I would suggest first buying a Haynes repair manual for the 1g Stratus. Second, check our www.stratusphere.net for all your 1g Status knowledge.

Quick Reply: 98 2.4 DOHC VIN X starter installation