Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Strat - Upstream O2 sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
tacoboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Strat - Upstream O2 sensor location

Can anyone tell me where the upstream oxygen sensor is located on a 97 Dodge Stratus? I am getting error code 21 and I have changed my downstream sensor - found it without much difficulty. Does the upstream one look identical to the downstream? I see some sort of sensor in one of the 4 pipes coming off the engine block (the exhaust manifold) but it looks very different from the downstream sensor - oblong looking with a couple of screws that hold it in rather than the sensor bolting itself in.

Gotta get this to pass CT emissions!

TIA

Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 PM
tacoboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 97 Strat - Upstream O2 sensor location

Can't believe no one has had to replace that. OK, I'll answer myself (for the benefit of others) as I found out the location. It is in the back of the engine where the manifold comes out. Looks almost inaccessible or very tough to get any kind of leverage on a wrench to remove it. Anyway, I am going to try to access it from the top rather than from underneath.

Quick Reply: 97 Strat - Upstream O2 sensor location